The Pcos Plan: Prevent and Reverse Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Through Diet and Fasting
- PCOS affects 1 in 10 women of childbearing age, and is the most common reproductive disorder in the world
- PCOS is a significant health concern: it is associated with much higher risks of heart disease, ovarian and endometrial cancers, and type 2 diabetes
- Addresses a significant gap in public health knowledge: the connection between diet and the reversal of PCOS is not well known
- By the author of the bestsellers The Obesity Code (half a million copies sold) and The Diabetes Code (more than 100,000 copies sold), Dr. Jason Fung
- Backed by science and personal experience: Dr. Nadia Brito Pateguana is a naturopathic doctor with a focus on helping people with PCOS overcome infertility, but she has also been diagnosed with PCOS and personally used the advice and recipes in this book to help conceive two healthy, happy girls
Author: Nadia Brito Pateguana, Jason Fung
Binding Type: Paperback
Publisher: Greystone Books
Size: 8.90h x 5.90w x 0.70d
About the Author
Dr. Jason Fung is a New York Times-bestselling author whose books include The Obesity Code, The Diabetes Code, The Obesity Code Cookbook, The PCOS Plan, Life in the Fasting Lane, and The Complete Guide to Fasting (co-authored with Jimmy Moore). Dr. Fung completed medical school at the University of Toronto and a fellowship in nephrology at the University of California. Dr. Fung is also the co-founder of The Fasting Method, a program to help people lose weight and reverse Type 2 Diabetes naturally with fasting. He lives in Toronto.
Dr. Nadia Brito Pateguana is a naturopathic doctor with a focus on helping people with metabolic syndrome, including women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), overcome infertility through dietary modifications. She is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and has been in clinical practice for more than fifteen years.